The Company I Keep
Posted September 8, 2010on:
I took some time away from cyberspace for the long weekend to hang with my family, immerse myself in my WIP and recharge but found I missed my online pals, their encouragement and support, their humor, and their advice too much to stay away.
So, I peeked. And found this from Jeannie Moon:
“So here are the bloggers I’ve chosen to recognize because their blogs make you laugh, cry, think or all of the above…”
And my name was in a list of people to whom Jeannie has awarded a Bloggie Award! To say I’m honored is a profound understatement. I learn so much from so many people and most of my musings are merely a distillation or a compilation of that learning. That anyone finds meaning in my blog could make me arrogant, I suppose, but instead, I feel humbled, with a revitalized desire to live up to this honor.
So, in the spirit in which it was given, I pass the award along. Here are the rules.
The Rules for The Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave you the award.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
3. Pass the award to fifteen bloggers that you think deserve it.
4. Lastly, contact all the bloggers that you’ve picked for the award.
One Lovely Blog Award Rules:
1. Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and link back to her.
2. Pass the award to 15 other blogs that you’ve newly discovered.
3. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Seven Things I’m Sure You’ll Wish You Didn’t Know About Patty
- I have Tom Cruise’s autograph. Never met the man, though. My FIL used to drive a limo for extra money and got to drive Tom around Manhattan during the Risky Business days. Said the man was a real gentleman.
- I adore sci-fi in all forms but am particularly fond of bad science fiction movies – the kind with unimaginative names like Croc-Man and the special effects are only slightly better than the acting, which isn’t all that much better than the writing. To me, they’re comedy.
- I cannot walk up a flight of stairs unless I count each step. If I don’t count, I trip.
- I lust for new shoes.
- Since my husband is an Angelina Jolie fan and she is heavily tattooed, I thought hmmm. Why not? So, I have a triple heart on my lower back. He hates it but that’s okay. I think it’s pretty cool. The hearts interlock and represent our birthstone colors. Yellow for me, since I’m a November baby (topaz), green for my first born, whose birthstone is the emerald, and red for my youngest, whose birthstone is the garnet.
- I’ve been married since I was 19 years old to the same guy.
- I am a very fast reader – super-human, my sons say. I read Harry Potter-sized novels in a day. My idea of a perfect weekend is hitting the library and reading four or five novels before work on Monday. I learned to read before kindergarten and because it’s something I love doing, I’ve simply improved with practice. Because I read so fast and so often, I can usually read the same story several times without boredom. For me, it’s like visiting with old friends.
And, without further ado, I pass the honors along to these talented people, listed in no particular order:
Thank you all for everything you’ve taught me.